“Spiritual death happens one compromise at a time.”
The mind is an amazing thing. We can easily convince ourselves or rationalize certain behaviors. We know right from wrong but what about the gray areas? Nowhere in the Bible am I commanded to have quiet time with the Lord but I know what a difference it makes in my life. If I don’t spend time with the Lord, it impacts my entire week. We compromise in so many things, thinking that it’s not a big deal.
We justify our behavior. We date someone that we know isn’t a believer because “it’s not a big deal”. We drink too much one time that results in bad decisions or more alcohol filled nights. One kiss leads to another. Satan loves these moments. He whispers in our ears and suggests that we follow through with the thought. He tells us that God doesn’t care about whatever behavior.
It’s a step onto a slippery slope that can lead to falling. The thing about compromise is it in can be a sneaky and gradual downward spiral. Compromise isn’t something that God appreciates. Jesus didn’t compromise when He was tempted. He didn’t just say “no”; He responded with scripture to combat the temptation.
How can you stand firm against compromise or temptation?
- Spend time in His Word – read and study scripture so that you can be prepared. Memorize some verses to help you.
- Pray – Talk to God about the things that tempt you most. As for His help and guidance.
- Talk with godly friends and share your struggles with them. Ask them to keep you accountable and to pray for you when you’re struggling.
- Get plugged in with your church – join a group (life group/Bible Study, etc.). This will help keep you connected and focused on God.
- Remember there’s always a way out.
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” – 1 Corinthians 10:13
Stand firm and don’t compromise your faith. We hope y’all are having a great week. We love hearing from you! ❤